Wednesday, August 13, 2014

7th Grade Science Units and Learning Targets


7th Grade Science LTLT’s

Quarter 1: 8/25/14-10/17/14                    
Quarter 2: 10/20/14-12/18/14
Quarter 3: 1/5/15-3/20/15
Quarter 4: 3/23/15-5/28/15

Quarter 1:                             Unit 1: Physical Change (23 days) 8/25/14-9/25/14
LTLT#1 I can identify properties of substances in a mixture that can be used to separate those substances from each other.

Quarter 1 & Quarter 2        Unit 2: Geology Affects Life on Earth (28 days) 9/26/14-11/5/14
LTLT#2 I can interpret and analyze data using the fossil record to support a claim that organisms and environment have changed and or evolved over time.

Quarter 2:                             Unit 3: Adaptations of Organisms (26 days) 11/6/14-12/18/14
LTLT#3 I can develop, communicate, and justify an evidence based explanation for why a given organisms with specific traits will or will not survive to have offspring in a given environment.

Quarter 3:                             Unit 4: The Cell (23 days) 1/6/14-2/6/14
LTLT#4 I can develop, communicate and justify an evidence based explanation regarding cell structure, components and their specific functions.

Quarter 3 & Quarter 4        Unit 5: Body Systems (23 days) 2/9/14-4/3/14
LTLT#5 I can gather, analyze and interpret data and models on the cells, systems and functions of the organs and tissues that work together to perform specific functions and interactions of the human body.

Quarter 4                              Unit 6: Producers & Consumers (33 days) 4/6/14-5/28/14
LTLT#6 I can use evidence to describe and interpret data to describe the relationships between photosynthesis and cellular respiration within and between plants and animals.

Quarter 1, 2, 3 & 4              PEAK Performance
LTLT#7 I can practice PEAK performance to become a scientist
-I can persevere in using the scientific circle of logic to solve problems
-I can show excellence in the craftsmanship of my work and creation of products.
-I can be held accountable to follow expectation and meet deadlines
-I can show kindness to my classmates as we collaborate as scientists.

Quarter 1, 2, 3 & 4              Science Literacy
LTLT#8 I can read and write like a scientist to communicate my knowledge and ideas with others.
-I can analyze key ideas and details in a text to complete an experiment and communicate my results with fidelity.
-I can analyze vocabulary, structure, and author’s purpose to build my understanding of a topic.
-I can read multiple texts to determine researched base facts from opinion.
-I can communicate my evidence based scientific findings and understandings using words and images.


No comments:

Post a Comment