Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday September 29, 2014-Wednesday October 1, 2014

Final Mixture Separation!!!


LTLT: I can identify properties of substances in a mixture to determine how the mixtures will be separated.

LT: I can use my lab procedure to separate my final mixture.

Criteria for Success:
*I can analyze my lab procedure with a partner
*I can take notes on my lab procedure as I separate my mixture

Agenda:
Warm UP
Share, Compare & Focus
Mixture Separation lab
Debrief

 
Warm UP:
1.Take out your;
   *Bubble method diagrams and  written lab procedures.

2. Put your name on both.

3. Read through them. Does your procedure make sense to you? Can you follow it through?

Review LTLT, LT & CS

Share, Compare & Focus           
with a partner…this is the partner you'll be working with for the next 2 days

Mixture Separation Lab           
 Use your agreed upon procedure and separate your mixture!!




*As you work through your mixture separation, take note of anything that does not seem to be working, or anything that is different from your original procedure/plan. 
 
Debrief:
Q: How’d the separation go?

Q: Were you surprised by anything?

Our LTLT is: I can identify properties of substances in a mixture to determine how the mixtures will be separated.

How did this lab help you meet the LTLT?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment